Responsible gaming is a prerequisite in all types of online games, including gambling and online casinos. According to this concept, weak players are protected and online casinos are liable to act honestly towards their customers. However, responsible gaming is not limited to only service providers.
Gamblers should be aware of all the issues and pitfalls that they can face in gambling, along with the methods to avoid the damage caused by such obstacles. In this article, you’ll get to know the ways that can help you safeguard yourself against the risks posed by playing online casino games, along with a few hacks to play responsibly.
Most online casinos, including the ones suggested by us, pay heed to the issues posed by gambling and take them seriously. They manage the behavior of punters while observing their playing patterns that can indicate an imminent predicament. Here, on allgokkasten.nl, we tell you several methods that can help you put off and cure your issues related to online gambling. These methods are listed below:
- Session Limits: These work as reminders that are displayed after a time period so that you can know for how long you have been playing. You can still choose to continue playing or instantly log off.
- Deposit limits: As the name suggests, this is a limit on the standard deposit amount in your online casino account. This is the maximum amount of money that you can use within a specific time period. You have the choice to increase or reduce this limit.
- Loss limits: In case you frequently lose your money on online casinos or want to restrict this limit so that you don’t lose a lot of money, then you can place a limit on the maximum amount of money that you can lose within a time period.
- Betting limits: Betting limits allow you to set a cap to the amount of money you wager within a time period. A notification will be displayed on your screen once you touch this limit.
Online casino security and liability
A secure online casino is the one that is licensed by renowned online gambling jurisdictions, like the Maltese Gaming Authority, the Government of Malta, the UK Gambling Authority’s casino licenses, etc. These licenses come with stringent rules and regulations. Additionally, safe online casinos use SSL or Secure Socket Layer. This is a form of digital encryption in order to process safe money transactions.
Gamblers should ensure that the online casino they choose uses SSL and is secure with the players’ sensitive personal information, like not giving or selling the data to third parties. Moreover, players should check that the online casino has been examined by a third party account agency and is made by reputed online casino software suppliers in order to be sure that the casino runs smoothly.
Gambling issues – What to do?
Excessive gambling and betting can lead to grave problems. Therefore, players who are involved in excessive gambling and can’t help it should get professional help by getting in touch with any of the organizations that guide addicted players who are obsessed with gambling. Some of the links where you can get help are:
Responsible gambling tips
Some of the ways in which you can keep a check on your gambling habits are:
- Set up a loss limit and adhere to it
- Set up a time limit
- Take breaks frequently
- Indulge in other activities along with gambling
- Know that gambling is just a game, which means you must engage in low-risk gambling that has fewer chances of losing all control
- Never take a loan for gambling
- Don’t gamble when you are depressed, stressed out, drunk, high, or in any other problem.
- Gamble with only the money that you’ve kept for entertainment purposes and not with the money that you use for your daily tasks